Do ya really think Vince Lombradi would have put up with this shit?
It's really turned into a circus In Green Bay, and if you have been living under a rock for the last 3 weeks. Let me fill ya in on whats been going on at 1265 Lombradi Ave.
Late June Brett Farve calls Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy saying that he's been working out at a High School and he's getting the itch to come back. Mike tells Brett "that the team has moved on"
Three weeks pass and Brett Farve texts Ted Thompson the Green Bay Packers GM and says I want to come back. Ted Thompson repsonds "iam on vaction and ill talk to you when I get back" you really can't blame TT for that one, I don't like to deal with fucking work when iam on vaction.
Vaction ends and Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, Farve's Agent Bus Cook and Farve have a phone conference and Ted Thompson And Mike McCarthy says you can come back Brett, but Arron Rogers the new Packers QB will be the starter. Farve is pissed and sends a letter to the packers for him to be relased. Not happening, due to the worry that he goes to the Packers Arch Rival the Minnesota Vikings, by the way that's who the packers play in week 1 at home on Monday Night Football.
Then Farve makes his first public tv apperance on Fox News the next week and starts ripping on Ted Thompson. Saying that he's not allowed back, an in addition ripping on some of the moves that he has made. Including, coming to the packers in 05 and right away cutting his 2 pro bowl guards Frank Winters and Mark Rivera. The Packers went 4-12 that year, as things went south really quick with injuries. After the 05 season Mike Sherman was fired, another not so hot move in the mind of Brett Farve. During the interview the thing that really pissed Farve off was Ted Thompson not making a attempted to go and get Randy Moss, me personally I didn't want Moss on the team with the bitter rival they had when he was on the Minnesota Vikings including and not so nice thing he did to the Green Bay Packers fans during the 05 playoff wild card loss at home. I also believe that We had a good recieving core with Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.
Also to add gas to the fire, you knew this was going to happen, oo yes the Minnesota Purple Queers Called, That would be the Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress calling Farve and some of Vikings Managment. The Packers filed tampering charges against the Vikings, still as this post is being investagated by the NFL.
Late last week, Farve said that he is going to report to training camp on Sunday July 27th. Farve calls Ted Thompson and says will I be allowed in the buliding if I show up. Ted Thompson said I'd be fire. Farve finally says you have til Tuesday to do whatever or iam showing up to camp- Green Bay Camp.
Here's what kip thinks, pretty much he's the QB ive known for most of my life, not to many people on this earth can say that. I knew the day was coming that he was going to retire and the QB job was going to be turned over to Rogers. That day I thought happened the first day in March, now we have a circus.
For the most part I have not been a Ted Thompson fan til last year, when the chips are down winning can be the cure all to everything. And the packers went 13-3 and to the NFC Championship. And for a bit there I thought Ted Thompson was an a-ok dude. But before I wrote this, I thought to myself, is Ted Thompson trying to pull a Bill Callahan and a Steve Peterson and not welcome anyone back? Like they did when they were f'n up Nebraska Football and turned them into a joke.
As for Farve and his legucy in Green Bay. Surely this whole thing is going to over shadow his hall of fame carrer. Yes I have lost some respect for him, but he's still my hero.
I would really like to start going to another direction with this team and try out rogers, but to me it would be a nightmare if Farve was on another team. So if the team has to bite the bullet and bring him back on Tuesday or Wednesday so be it. Can you imagin him in a jets or bucs jersey? The bottom line is I want a solid starting QB week 1 agianst Minnesota! I don't care if it's farve or rogers.
Do ya really think Vince Lombradi would have put up with this shit?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment