Mr. Mark Murphy
Green Bay Packers President And C.E.O
1265 Lombardi Ave
Green Bay, WI 54304
8/6/08
Dear Mr. Murphy
As you well know the last month has been very stressful for the Green Bay Packers and its fans. I have been a Packers Fan since a young age growing up in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and have supported them during super bowl championships and 4-12 seasons. I will continue to support the Green Bay Packers.
Like most Packers Fans, I fell in love and supported the man that was under center for 16 seasons for the packers Brett Farve. Whether it was at Lambeau Field, Ford Field, The Pontiac Sliverdome or just sitting at home watching the game at home, I always wore my Farve jersey with pride watching the team.
Back in March, Brett Farve announced his retire and his desire not to play football anymore. It was one of the saddest days in the packer’s history. But I like most Packers Fans knew that this day was coming and it was time to move on with Aaron Rogers.
In June, Farve expressed interest in coming back to the NFL and playing for the Green Bay Packers. I believe I speak for most Packers fans as I think that both sides (Farve and The Green Bay Packers) handled this 5 week circus poorly. This problem could have been resolved during the Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, Bus Cook and Brett Farve Conference. Allowing him to come back and compete for his job. Instead this turned into a national soap opera that descended on Green Bay, and at times I was embarrassed to be a Packers Fan.
I understand that there has been a power struggle with Ted Thompson and Farve. But I believe that those two should have found some common ground and worked together during the 08 season for another super bowl run, instead I believe that he ran Farve and his family out of town. I hope and pray that Mr. Thompson knows what he’s doing in continuing the great Packers traditions as he moves this team forward.
I would like to wish nothing but the best for the Brett, Deana and the New York Jets as they move into the 08 season. Brett will always have a special place in my heart and I hope he still remains a major part in the Packers Organization down the road. One day I would like to take my children to Lambeau Field to show them number 4 with White, Star, Lombradi and the rest of the Packers greats.
Finally, Mr. Murphy I am very disappointed in your statement that you released on Sunday Aug 3rd. Saying that the Green Bay Packers would welcome back Farve with “open arms” 3 days later Brett has been traded to the New York Jets. That doesn’t sound like the Packers were welcoming him back with “open arms” I felt like I was lied to. What other stuff are you and Mr. Thompson pulling that maybe the fans need to know about?
The Green Bay Packers Fans are the greatest fans in sports. I hope you take there imput and listen. They are the backbone of this team and with out there support at every home game. There would be no Green Bay Packers.
Thank you, for you time and I hope The Green Bay Packers, The Fans and Brett Farve can start picking up the pieces and move forward.
Sincerely,
Thomas Kippen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment